Friday, May 10, 2024

May 10: 65/100 Closing in on the Target

 A month and a half more of this, then FREEDOM (I hope)



Fatigue seems to be the primary symptom still. I sleep about 9 hours at night, and can snooze/nap at a drop of the hat during the day, given the opportunity. The bigger issue is the chronic "exit" pain that starts my day. Some days it subsides in an hour or so, some days like today, in continues to ebb and flow through the day. I've yet to figure out rhyme or reason to it, something about my diet being the most obvious factor. 

I am grateful. It could be so much worse. I've been spared almost all the symptoms of GVHD. Some people really have a tough go of it. My WBC's are 100% donor. I've not had to make a trip to the ER for anything. 

Perspective. 

2 Corinthian 4:17-18 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

May your day be one of blessings, grace, mercy and most of all, love.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 18: Home stretch of sorts

Yesterday  was day 72 of the 100 day monitoring regime and a visit with Dr. Pineiro. 4 weeks to go. Very grateful to have made it to here wi...