Sunday, February 11, 2024

Feb 11: 553 steps, give or take

 553 steps is roughly 2 laps around the floor. 19 more trips and I can make my 10,000 steps for the day, LOL. 

Day 1 of Fludaranine wasn't bad at all - no side effects. Day 2 or 3 will begin the days of clobbering, with reinforcements from Melphalan on Tue - Thu, days 3-5, from what I understand.

One of my favorite hymns, It is based on a Middle Irish poem by Dallán Forgaill, an early Christian Irish poet born in 530AD. 

Be Thou My Vision. Most modern version don't include verse 3, which I think is a shame. 

1 Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;be all else but naught to me, save that Thou art; be Thou my best thought in the day and the night, both waking and sleeping, Thy presence my light.

2 Be Thou my Wisdom, be Thou my true Word; be Thou ever with me and I with Thee, Lord; be Thou my great Father, and I Thy true son, be Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one. 

3 Be Thou my Breastplate, my Sword for the fight; be Thou my whole Armor, be Thou my true Might; be Thou my soul’s Shelter, be Thou my strong Tow’r, O raise Thou me heav’nward, great Pow’r of my pow’r.

4 Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise, be Thou mine inheritance, now and always; be Thou and Thou only the first in my heart, O High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

5 High King of heaven, Thou heaven's bright Sun, O grant me its joys, after vict'ry is won; Great Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, still be Thou my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Blessings of mercy, grace and love be yours in full measure today.

Gary


Lake Ray Hubbard Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Vaccines, 4 childhood

 To rebuild my lost immunity, I was given 5 vaccines today.  Polio Tdap Hib Hep B Pneumococcus I was disappointed I didn't get some cool...